Saturday, June 21, 2008

In Memory of Vanyel Painted for the Mural Mosaic

Painting done for the Mural Mosaic project The Gift Horse. This is a neat project put together by a few artists. It is one of several huge murals. The mural is a painting that is divided into 200 plus segments (panels), they are sent to various artists around the world. The artists then paint a subject (in this case the horse) in keeping with the original color and line of the mother image. The artists then send the painting they created back to the project where it is assembled back into the mural. The hundreds of smaller paintings then turn back into the mother image. The enjoyment of looking at each of the paintings as individuals together making one big picture is very rewarding. It is an honor to be part of such a project, and I really enjoyed it. It then is unveiled in Alberta Canada, and goes on a tour to be shown in several places. I only wish I could be in Alberta for the unveiling. I hope to be able to go to one of the spots on the tour. The horse I painted was a beautiful Friesian Stallion "Vanyel." He passed away in 2005 and is greatly missed. I am happy to have captured his beautiful image for all to see. I love the black feathered horses. I love all horses, but the Friesians seem special to me, maybe because they somehow remind me of morgans, (like an extreme verson), so it brings back the feelings I had as a girl for my morgan "Andy" he was a friend to me.

No comments: